ADC0804 is a very commonly used 8-bit analog to digital convertor. It is a single channel IC, i.e., it can take only one analog signal as input. The digital outputs vary from 0 to a maximum of 255. The step size can be adjusted by setting the reference voltage at pin9. When this pin is not connected, the default reference voltage is the operating voltage, i.e., Vcc.
- Easy interface to all microprocessors, or operates ‘stand alone’
- Differential analog voltage inputs
- Logic inputs and outputs meet both MOS and TTL voltage level specifications
- Works with 2.5V (LM336) Voltage Reference
- On-chip clock generator
- 0V to 5V analog input voltage range with single 5V supply
- No zero adjust required
- Operates ratiometrically or with 5 Vdc, 2.5Vdc, or analog span adjusted voltage reference.