force Sensing Resistors (FSR) is a very thin, robust, polymer devices that decrease in resistance when pressure is increased on the surface of the sensor. It is used to sense pressure, weight, contacts and as a touch sensor. These sensors are simple to set up and great for sensing pressure.
This FSR will vary its resistance depending on how much pressure is being applied to the sensing area. The harder the force, the lower the resistance. When no pressure is being applied to the FSR its resistance will be larger than 1MΩ. This FSR can sense applied force anywhere in the range of 100g-10kg.
Force Sensing Resistors has similar properties to load cell or strain gauge devices. This resistance range is well suited to work directly with the internal pull-ups of many microcontrollers such as AVRs, PICs and arduino.
- Load capacity: 0 – 10 kg.
- Sensing outer diameter: (14 mm)
- Overall length: 2.375″ (60 mm)
- Robots sensing and robot skin
- Gripper arm force sensing
- Touch Pads (i.e. VR Gloves, Joysticks)
- Position feedback
- Alarm Systems
- Aerospace applications (pressure force distribution measurements)
- Airbag Force
Be the first to review “Force Sensitive Resistor Sensor (Round – 14mm Diameter -10kg)”