Ramps is short for reprap Arduino Mega shield, it is mainly designed for the purpose of using stepper driver board (similar to 4988 driver board). Ramps can only work when connected to mainboard Mega 2560 and DRV8825. Great compatibility with most 3D printer (all reprap-model such as i2 and i3)
- Expandable to control other accessories.
- 3 Mosfets for heater / fan outputs and 3 thermistor circuits.
- Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection.
- Heated bed control with additional 11A fuse.
- Fits 5 stepper driver boards (A4988, DRV8825, …..).
- Driver boards are on pin header sockets so they can be replaced easily or removed for use in future designs.
- I2C and SPI pins left available for future expansion.
- All the Mosfets are hooked into PWM pins for versatility.
- Servo style connectors are used to connect to the end stops, motors, and LEDs. These connectors are rated for 3A, very compact, and globally available.
- SD Card add on available.
- LEDs indicate when heater outputs on.
- Option to connect 2 motors to Z.
Be the first to review “RAMPS 1.4 Reprap 3D Printer Arduino Mega Shield”