This precision sensor from Bosch is the best low-cost sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure and temperature. Because pressure changes with altitude you can also use it as an altimeter! The sensor is soldered onto a PCB with a 3.3V regulator, I2C level shifter and pull-up resistors on the I2C pins.
Measuring the absolute pressure of the environment using a digital barometer such as this has some interesting applications. By converting the pressure measured into altitude, you have a reliable sensor for determining the height of your robot, plane or projectile.
- Pressure range: 300 ~ 1100 hPa (altitude 9000 m ~ – 500 m)
- Compatible with 3.3V and 5V
- LCC8 encapsulation: lead-free ceramics carrier encapsulation (LCC)
- Low power consumption: 5 μA, in the standard model
- High precision: low power consumption mode, the resolution is 0.06 hPa (0.5 meters); High linear mode, the resolution is 0.03 hPa (0.25 meters)
- MSL 1 response time: 7.5 ms
- Standby current: 0.1 μA
- Size: 15mm * 13mm