The InvenSense MPU-6050 sensor contains a MEMS accelerometer and a MEMS gyro in a single chip. It is very accurate, as it contains 16-bits analog to digital conversion hardware for each channel. Therefor it captures the x, y, and z channel at the same time. The sensor uses the I2C-bus to interface with the Arduino or Any Microcontroller.
The MPU-6050 is not expensive, especially given the fact that it combines both an accelerometer and a gyro.
- Model: GY-521
- Color: Blue
- Material: PCB + Plastic + copper
- Chip: MPU-6050
- Power supply: 3~5V
- Communication mode: standard IIC (I2C) communication protocol
- Chip built-in 16bit AD converter, 16bit data output
- Gyroscopes range: +/- 250 500 1000 2000 degree/sec
- Acceleration range: +/- 2g, +/- 4g, +/- 8g, +/- 16g
- Immersion Gold plating PCB, machine welding process to ensure quality
- Pin pitch: 2.54mm
- Great for DIY projects